- Location Waikīkī, O‘ahu
- Notable 2011 Betty Crocker, Award of Honor–Professional Gardens Category
- Specifications Residential Design
Located along Kalākaua Avenue, this 35-story condominium provides 300 units at the entry to Waikīkī. This modern condo features three main garden areas at the ground level and a recreation deck on the 6th floor. PBR’s role as landscape architect was to create a tropical oasis in each of these gardens to provide relief from surrounding towering masses of buildings. The oasis of gardens provide much needed visual open space for those driving past the property as well as a relaxing environment for its residents. Additionally unique, these gardens are all designed to be open to the public.
One of the main gardens on the ground floor located at the corner of Kalākaua Avenue and Ena Road has been designed to enhance the Waikīkī Special District guidelines by incorporating elements such as natural stone paving, water feature and landscape. A small water feature and accent fountain strategically placed for all to enjoy from the adjacent bus stop on Kalākaua Avenue.
The overall landscape design reflects the urban island life with the use of color, fragrance and texture of the plant materials. The condominium also reflects the Waikiki resort feel throughout the entire complex. In order to achieve this desired landscape character, the use of native Hawaiian plants, including endemic, indigenous and Polynesian-introduced species were integrated where appropriate. Field stock Coconut palms and Hala trees were handpicked and scrutinized prior to planting in their focal locations.
PBR HAWAII was also responsible for developing all of the hardscape layout for the gardens as well as pool/spa design for the recreation deck. The recreation deck on the 6th floor features a 1,650 square foot swimming pool and jacuzzi that adjoins an indoor fitness center. Residents enjoy other amenities such as canvas umbrellas, benches and tables, barbecues and a fire pit for casual enjoyment.
- Ala Moana Center
- Ala Moana Center Expansion
- Allure Waikīkī
- Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa
- Four Seasons Resort at Ko Olina
- Hali‘i Kai
- Ka Makana Ali‘i
- Kahala Nui – Senior Living
- Kamehameha Schools Middle School at Kapalama Campus
- Kapolei Lofts
- Ko Olina Beach Villas
- Ko Olina Shoreline Park Improvements
- Kōlea at Waikoloa
- Kukui‘ula Makai Cottages
- Leeward Community College Education and Innovation Instructional Facility
- Līhu‘e Civic Center – First Phase Improvements
- New Hawaiian Home
- Outrigger Wailea Resort
- Omidyar K-1 Neighborhood at Punahou School
- Po‘ipu Roundabout
- Roundabout at the Intersection of Pi‘ikea Avenue and Liloa Drive
- Sidney and Minnie Kosasa Neighborhood at Punahou School
- Target at Kapolei Commons
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
- Waihonua at Kewalo