- Location Kapolei, O‘ahu
The Resort Group contracted PBR HAWAII for landscape architectural services—from conceptual master plan design through construction administration—as part of the renovation of the former Ihilani Hotel in Ko Olina for operations and management by Four Seasons Resort.
Fulfilling the client’s desires for a luxury resort where guests can enjoy an effortless vacation, PBR HAWAII’s landscape design captures the clean and simple essence of Ko Olina. An attunement to textures and a selection process for high quality materials coveys opulence without extraneous details—from the adult-only lap pool and wooden deck to tranquil garden alcoves.
Landscape renovations included two new pools, three new spas, three new pool decks, two new restaurant terraces and decks, a new meandering pond with waterfalls, two new spa gardens, a new event lawn, and a renovated front entry porte cochere.
Designs also included: 1) improved lateral public access along the shoreline; and 2) view preservation and maximization in collaboration with project architects in locating a new chapel, cabanas, massage area, a beach activities structure, and a canoe halau.
- Ala Moana Center
- Punahou School Grades 2-5 Campus
- Ala Moana Center Expansion
- Allure Waikīkī
- Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa
- Four Seasons Resort at Ko Olina
- Hali‘i Kai
- Ka Makana Ali‘i
- Kahala Nui – Senior Living
- Kamehameha Schools Middle School at Kapalama Campus
- Kapolei Lofts
- Ko Olina Beach Villas
- Ko Olina Shoreline Park Improvements
- Kōlea at Waikoloa
- Kukui‘ula Makai Cottages
- Leeward Community College Education and Innovation Instructional Facility
- Līhu‘e Civic Center – First Phase Improvements
- New Hawaiian Home
- Outrigger Wailea Resort
- Omidyar K-1 Neighborhood at Punahou School
- Po‘ipu Roundabout
- Roundabout at the Intersection of Pi‘ikea Avenue and Liloa Drive
- Sidney and Minnie Kosasa Neighborhood at Punahou School
- Target at Kapolei Commons
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
- Waihonua at Kewalo