- Location ‘Ewa, O‘ahu
PBR HAWAII served as planner and landscape architect responsible for preparing the Long Range Development Plan (LRDP) for the UH West O‘ahu’s (UHWO) 500-acre property in ‘Ewa. The LRDP included a vision for a sustainable campus community, master plan, detailed planning studies, and design and sustainability guidelines for an ultimate 7,600-student campus and associated mixed use community. PBR HAWAII also served as the landscape architect for the campus site plan, responsible for developing a landscape theme, master plan, and detailed design and construction drawings for the campus lands. PBR HAWAII was responsible for preparing the Environmental Impact Statement for the project and assisted in successfully securing major discretionary entitlements for the project, including amendments to the Land Use Commission Decision & Order, along with a Plan Review Use Approval for the campus and Zone Change for the 500-acre property. PBR HAWAII is currently assisting with implementing conditions of the Zone Change and PRU and assisting with the land sale of the non-campus portions of the property.
This project was the first campus in the UH system which included a plan for a new campus and surrounding mixed-use community. PBR HAWAII was successful in guiding the UH West O‘ahu through the preparation and approval of the LRDP, securing the required entitlements and preparing a landscape master plan for the project.
- Anahola Town Center Community-Based Master Plan
- Ha‘ena State Park Master Plan
- Kahanu Garden Master Plan
- Kuki‘o Anchialine Pond Management Plan
- Lihu‘e Town Core Urban Design Plan
- South Kaua‘i Community Plan
- Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan 2015
- Transit-Oriented Development Educational Outreach
- University of Hawai‘i-West O‘ahu Non-Campus Lands Urban Design Plan
- University of Hawai‘i-West O‘ahu Makai Lands Long Range Development Plan, Entitlements and Landscape Architecture